Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1kg Desiree potatoes, cut into 2-3cm pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1. Place the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then cook for about 7 minutes, until tender but holding their shape. Drain well.
2. Heat the olive oil in a 24cm (top measurement) non-stick frying pan. Cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl, add the potatoes and peas, and season well with salt and pepper. Fold together gently, then spread loosely into the frying pan.
3. Whisk the eggs lightly in a jug. Pour them into the pan, and gently move the potatoes around so the egg runs through them evenly. Cook over medium-low heat for about 8-10 minutes, until it is set underneath and at the sides.
4. Place under a moderately hot grill (with the surface not too close to the heat source) for about 5-8 minutes, until cooked on top. If your frying pan doesn’t have a heatproof handle, wrap it in a damp tea towel while under the grill and keep an eye on it. Poke the top with a fork to make sure the egg is properly cooked under the surface. Once cooked, let it stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
5. Slide onto a large plate, cool to room temperature, then cut into wedges.