Ever wondered what to do with limp lettuce leaves that have been left out of the fridge? Geoff Jansz has a simple solution: they can be revived by soaking them in cold water then refrigerating the leaves.
Geoff recommends the following steps:
- Plunge limp lettuce leaves into some clean, iced water.
- Leave them to soak for a few seconds.
- Remove the leaves gently so some of the water clings to them.
- Pop the moist lettuce leaves into a clean plastic bag.
- Loosely seal the bag and put it into the fridge
- After about three hours in the fridge the leaves will be revived and be back to their crisp, fresh state.