Get help, share your knowledge

You are not logged in

Burke's Backyard Forum > Growing fruit and vegetables  
Author Posts  

mosquito
Forum regular

lumps on branches of lemon tree

Posted 2230 days ago

my lemon tree has what looks like nodules bulbshape on the branches, is this normal or should i cut them off, the tree itself lost its leaves last season, i notice that there is a few new shoots appearing.
_________
Mosquito

Alert moderator

hutcho
Forum celebrity

RE: lumps on branches of lemon tree

Posted 2230 days ago

Hi mosquito.Those nodules are caused by a destructive parasite.Prune them off and chuck them in the garbage bin.Dont compost them,they'll only hatch out and do it all again.There are legal requirements which only apply to commercial citrus growers,but you'll do yourself and everyone else a favour if you do what you can to control them.
_________
Experience is what you get when you dont read the instructions first.I'm a LEO.I am experienced!

Alert moderator

mosquito
Forum regular

Posted 2229 days ago

Hi there
I cut the infected parts off the best i could, and put them in a plastic bag in garbage they went. i think its called the gall wasp that causes this. is there any home remedies that i can use to treat the remaining nodules.
_________
Mosquito

Alert moderator

hutcho
Forum celebrity

Posted 2229 days ago

Unfortunately,no.There are chemical controls,but even if you had a permit to employ them,you would probably choose not to.Just keep hacking into them.
_________
Experience is what you get when you dont read the instructions first.I'm a LEO.I am experienced!

Alert moderator