You are not logged in

Burke's Backyard Forum > Growing fruit and vegetables  
Author Posts  

terryw
Forum newbie - be nice!

Best vegetables for juicing

Posted 2189 days ago

Find these veggies best for juicing
*Broccoli – is part of the cruciferous family. Loaded with antioxidants, it also has a good amount of vitamin C. If you are concerned about lung, colon or breast cancer, have raw broccoli a few times a week.
*Wheatgrass – is one of the finest greens out there. It restores health to the sick and brings up red blood counts or a healthy body

*Carrots – are surprisingly (and deliciously) sweet when juiced. Don’t be afraid of them at all. They have too many good nutrients packed inside to be missed.
*Cabbage – is fantastic for the stomach. If you had or have ulcer problems cabbage is a must for you to juice daily.
*Parsley – has a lot of chlorophyll and is excellent for the blood. It gives you a spark of energy and has anti-parasitic properties.

What veggies do you find good for juicing?

outdoorjim
Forum newbie - be nice!

RE: Best vegetables for juicing

Posted 2176 days ago

Carrots are surprisingly good. Celery is very nice when combined with other things!
_________
http://www.outdoorlivingdirect.com.au/

BobbieJ
Forum stalwart

Posted 2130 days ago

Carrots, broccoli, ginger, spinach, celery, capsicum (i like in small amounts only)

I like to add fruits to this too - pineapple and any other.
_________
Of all the wonderful surprises in life, none is better than seeing that first shoot tear out of the earth and form into a wonderful plant and vegetable.. .

EricOrtiz
Forum newbie - be nice!

Posted 2070 days ago

Have you tried bottle gourd juice, it has a plain flavor, but very good for health. Bitter gourd is another healthy option.

linasteve
Forum newbie - be nice!

Posted 2064 days ago

I like using carrots, ginger or Beetroots as well. I like to mix them with other fruit juices in a small amount. I usually grow these veggies in my backyard using organic soil conditioners like coco peat. So whenever I want to make juices, I make it with these fresh veggies from my garden.

naamananthony
Forum newbie - be nice!

Posted 1592 days ago

I like carrots juice more
_________
http://www.raisedgardenbed.net.au