Get help, share your knowledge

You are not logged in

Burke's Backyard Forum > General gardening  
Author Posts  

terryw
Forum newbie - be nice!

plants for indoor

Posted 2139 days ago

what are plants can you recommend for indoor... to serve as air filtration or to ventilate the place?

professore
Forum newbie - be nice!

RE: plants for indoor

Posted 2138 days ago

What plants you can use would depend on your location.
Try pothos (devils ivy), some of the tree begonias can add some indoor colour, calathea, soft velvet leaves, Mouse thorn, an unusual plant with what appears to be flowers in the middle of the leaf. A novelty plant. Orchids and so on. I guess you can keep a wide variety of plants inside providing you create the environment, including palms, bamboos, tree ferns and other types of ferns, etc. I have been gardening over 60 odd years with some breaks in between due to work demands and have been willing to try all sorts of plants. some worked well others :(

jacksparly
Forum newbie - be nice!

Posted 2133 days ago

A houseplant or indoor plant is a plant that is grown indoors in places such as residences and offices. Houseplants are commonly grown for decorative purposes, positive atmospheric look..Few of them are Amaryllis,Chinese evergreen,Pothos and so on..

_________
Next Day Flowers

BobbieJ
Forum stalwart

Posted 2132 days ago

Boston ferns are great for indoors. Keep it damp and take it out into the rain now and then. But don't leave in a real downpour.

Peace lilies are lovely and very decorative. Tough too.

Even the old ficus tree can be very interesting. Just don't plant it out in the garden when you are finished with it. Keep it in a pot.
_________
Of all the wonderful surprises in life, none is better than seeing that first shoot tear out of the earth and form into a wonderful plant and vegetable.. .

FairytaleGardens
Forum newbie - be nice!

Posted 2131 days ago

Make your indoor garden stand out with some miniature accessories from www.fairytalegardens.com.au.
_________
Fairytale Gardens

14theroze
Forum celebrity

Posted 2124 days ago

My madonna lily has been very forgiving of me. I forget to water it and it still survives. I have a deep water tray placed under the pot so that I can give the plant a good soak every now and again - at other times I leave it till the soil totally dries out and the plant starts to look limp. I have it placed on a window sill that is mainly in shade but allows a lot of light in. I don't ever put it outside because I am sure the wind and extreme weather we have here would kill it.
_________
Even the hard, dull, dry ground harbours life - which is brought to the surface with the fresh touch of drenching rain (or the humble watering can).

terryw
Forum newbie - be nice!

Posted 2118 days ago

Madonna lily is the kind i'm thinking would be okay. i have a tendency to forget to water plans sometimes:) They say air purifier cleans the air or filter dusts and pollen around,but in case i won't be using my filter, there are plants which is good in filtering the air.